Sunday, May 17, 2020

let's hang jars of flowers

Hello! Welcome to the tenth installment of my Let's Make Sunday Series where I'm sharing easy projects to make from things you are likely to already have at home. Today we're using emptied jars again. Why? Because I have so many of them! During this time, I've been eating lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and so emptied preserves jars are easy to come by.


You will need:
Glass jars, bottles
Hanger: torn strips of cotton fabric are shown but you can hang jars using a variety of things: twine, string, fishing line, ribbon, floral wire.

Make a hanger


I like to snip a piece of fabric at the edge to tear into strips. Tie strip securely below the neck of the jar and leave enough at each end to then tie to something to hang.


It is such a beautiful day that I decided to hang the jars outside from an old ladder in my backyard. Next I filled each jar with some water {which I brought outside in guess what? another jar!}.


Then, the foraging began! I picked some lily of the valley...


and buttercups, and snipped some lilacs. First I kept them all separate but then decided to mix things up a bit for each little bouquet.


No ladder in the woods? No problem! Hang from a hook or a knob. Fill with whatever you can find – clovers, faux flowers or vintage millinery, sprigs of fresh herbs.


Enjoy! Happy tinkering + please stay safe at home + well!

xo
elyse

PS
I was just featured in a local paper sharing more simple tips. Click to enlarge and also find on page 40 of The Valley Breeze!





No comments: