Tuesday, June 23, 2015

field trip: the vintage bazaar

 

Saturday I took a road trip with my BFF Cindy to The Vintage Bazaar held at Pettengill Farm in Salisbury, Massachusetts. The fair featured 175+ vendors selling antique and vintage finds and re-purposed goods. Lucky Cindy won us a pair of tickets from Coastal Windows & Exteriors!

with Matthew Mead, Danielle Driscoll, and "Urnie"
Topping my reasons for wanting to attend were seeing and supporting friendors {new word alert: friendors = friends who are vendors!} Matthew and Jenny Mead and Danielle Driscoll.

Matthew Mead's signature style of collections grouped by color made for a display worthy of one of his publications. In addition to being a vendor, Matthew was a special guest and did a series of demos on creating summer centerpieces. Alongside Matthew was his partner in crime, Jenny.

Photo credit: Danielle Driscoll
Danielle and Luke Driscoll's Finding Silver Pennies booth was like a beautiful coastal furnishings store. Visit this link to read Danielle's account of the weekend on her blog.

The bazaar was nicely done and reminded me of a mini Country Living Fair.

Cari Cucksey and Joanne Palmisano were also special guests on-hand to give demos and share tips.

There was live music, rows of food trucks and cool things all around!

I had a nice time despite a series of mishaps which included tripping over a food truck's cable and falling to the ground, hitting my head on a low-hanging window display, and losing an earring (which as it turns out, Jenny found)!

Besides leaving with my ankle swollen to the size of a tennis ball from my fall (I'm okay), I returned home with this pretty framed paint-by-number of yellow roses for the Girlie Office

and this lovely vintage jadeite plant pot from Matthew, among a couple of other little things.

If all this sounds like a good time to you, The Vintage Bazaar returns in September and November!

Just wear good footwear and watch for exposed cables.

Happy summer wishes!

xo
elyse







7 comments:

Theresa said...

Ouch, but other than taking a tumble... that sounds like a fun day:) Love your purchases! Have a blessed day dear Elyse, HUGS!

Unknown said...

Great day with a great friend!! Can't wait to hang all my treasures :)

NanaDiana said...

You sound like me---if there is an accident available---it will find me. lol What a great show-glad you girls had so much fun. xo Diana

Elaine said...

Sorry about your fall. I went last year twice and really enjoyed it. I was impressed by the quality of vendors. This year the rain kept me away on Sunday. Looking forward to September's bazaar.

Danielle said...

So sorry you fell, Elyse. :( Thank you so much for coming up to see us and all your support. xx

Diane Mars said...

Thanks for sharing all the pictures looks like there was a lot of vintage goodness. Hope your ankle has healed Ouchie!!

Kit said...

Ouch! I hope you are all mended by now. But I love the fair you went to and the treasures you found! :) Kit