Saturday, March 28, 2015

patterns of behavior, somerset life, april/may/june 2015 issue



A few months ago, my friend Morayo Sayles of Piper Brown Photography and I hatched a plan that I would style the Girlie Office and she would take photos. I shared a few right away in January's girlie office: 2015!

Photography by Morayo Sayles of Piper Brown Photography
I assembled a pretty display of real and millinery flowers in a myriad of vessels ranging from tinkered cans, to painted jars and fabric-banded bottles, to petite china cups.

Photography by Morayo Sayles of Piper Brown Photography
Morayo snapped nearly 160 photos and they all turned out beautifully! Admiring the images as a set, ideas for an essay began to flow.

Photography by Morayo Sayles of Piper Brown Photography
Before long I had written a piece -- musings about my surprise-to-me style preferences -- and sent off a query along with a few photography samples to Somerset Life.

Photography by Morayo Sayles of Piper Brown Photography
To my delight, I received the answer right-away that every writer hopes for, that my submission was not only accepted and but would be slated to appear in the April/May/June issue! Recently an advance copy arrived in the mail with a congratulatory note:

Stampington & Company gets it! The inclusion of this seemingly small touch of a congrats made it even more special. There's something very magical to me about seeing my work in print. Even though I have created two books and written many magazine articles, it's still as thrilling as it ever was. I know it always will be.

The issue is lovely through and through, just as they always are.

Stampington & Company has Magazine Calls and Challenges for submissions year-round.

Maybe it will be your turn next!

Photography by Morayo Sayles of Piper Brown Photography
Thanks for reading!

xo
elyse

4 comments:

Su Su said...

Thank you for another wonferdul article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.
cool math games| coolmathgames| cool math| math games| cool math a-z| coolmath games
b cubed| b-cubed| barbie games| friv 4 school| friv4school

Mincecraft Games said...

I just want to say : why you do not click to play
- minecraft games
- happy wheels
- happy wheels
- tetris
- brain games
- puzzle games
- agario
- abcya
- fnaf

hường lê said...

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
Sign in to Gmail to access to all Gooogle services. Log in to your account or sign up to create a new account
gmail sign in

gmail log in

what's gmail?

In this game, you start at the cavern men's age, then evolve! There is a total of 5 ages, each with its units and turrets. Take control of 16 different units and 15 different turrets to defend your base and destroy your enemy.
age of war

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.
happy wheels

strike force heroes

earn to die

Fireboy and Watergirl arrived again to the temple in the forest. 2 players together can help them to find their way out.
fireboyandwatergirl

Ella Candy said...

I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
slither io | wings io | science kombat | tank trouble 4