Sunday, November 30, 2014

fifi's new book: prairie-style weddings



Quite possibly my favorite image from Fifi's new book

This beautiful image tells you almost everything you need to know about the upcoming release of stylist-author-editor-rockstar Fifi O'Neill's latest swoonfest Prairie-Style Weddings (Chronicle Books). Currently available for pre-order wherever books are sold, it will be released on December 2, 2014.


What the cover doesn't tell you is that in addition to over 150 GORGEOUS images with perfectly crafted text, the book is peppered with homespun do-it-yourself projects. Beyond being a beautiful resource for brides and grooms to be, the ideas presented easily translate to any type of event or even space.


I am truly honored and thrilled that my tinkered clothespins have a cameo in the book!


As you may already know, by some stroke of magic Fifi has become a dear friend and trusted mentor to me; I call her my Fairygodmother and she truly is. While visiting her on a photo shoot over the summer, I was treated to a sneak peek of Prairie-Style Weddings when she received a review-proof by email.


To witness Fifi style a location and work with her longtime photographer (and fellow fan of The Jam) Mark Lohman, is to really understand the painstaking and lengthy process that goes into making a work of art. Buckets of flowers, props, lighting equipment, honed talents and time all combine into creating images that are not only meticulous but simply breathtaking.





Plan on being in NYC on December 4? Go to Times Square and look-up and you will not only see this on a billboard, you just might see Fifi gazing up at her work amidst the bright lights of the Big Apple.

Warmest congrats to dear Fifi on Prairie-Style Weddings!

Okay, I'm off to pre-order my copy and then write for Fifi's prairie style magazine. Have a favorite cover? Visit Chez Fifi to comment your preference. (Vote for the center! It's one of the features I'm writing!)


xo
elyse

added 12/6/14

Prairie-Style Weddings Billboard, Times Square, NYC, 12/4/14

Fifi O'Neill celebrating her Prairie-Style Wedding billboard in NYC!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

So lucky you got a sneak peak of the book! I can't wait to see it in print---any day now!

Looking forward to your write-up in the magazine :)

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Very excited to see her latest book, thanks for the peek!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Ruffles and Roses said...

Hello Elyse ...just ordered the book.......oh it all looks so exciting....Happy Holiday's Love Lorraine

Shabby chic Sandy said...

My daughter is getting married this summer--must get this book!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I am looking forward to Fifi's book! Her work - and her team's work - is simply perfection and magical. I love her magazine, too. Are there more than one issue out so far? I only have one. And as for my vote, I say the first one. Not too often you see a barn or old building on a cover. Have fun!!

xx

AKPuran Gaming said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
friv2planet.com , juegosfrivas.com , kizidaily.com