Wednesday, June 18, 2014

seaside book party

Seaside Tinkered Treasures Book Party: The Craft Buffet
Ever have one of those days ... when everything went as planned?! That's how I feel reflecting upon last Saturday's Seaside Book Party. After months of scheming with the awesome Nancy Chace of decorative paint and vintage shop Sea Rose Cottage, we found ourselves with the right amount of everything -- from decorations to food to weather to guests!

It was also one of those special days where I felt so supported by my friends and family and community.
The Cath dress!
When I asked my friend Bridget of the fair trade flower and gift shop The Greenery if she'd be interested in providing bouquets in return for promotional consideration, she assembled arrangements that rivaled those of any wedding!
Beautiful arrangements by The Greenery in tinkered cans
A china plate holds flowers, twine and specially made project postcards
My friend Morayo of Piper Brown Photography arrived early and took the most beautiful photos!


Seemingly tireless Shanyn known in my town for her delicious treats quickly responded to my asking if she could whip up some pretty confections for the fete and did she ever!

Vendors from near and far offered goods and services to make the Seaside Swag Bags quite the lure! Please visit this link to see items and generous sponsors.

I think that the details are the best part of any event and really tried to make the time to enjoy the process of making, planning and assembling.


It was all hands on deck to get everything in ship-shape, even making sure there was sidewalk chalk outside for busy little tinkerers in tow.
"Wicked awesome"
Nancy planned a nautical-inspired buffet of mini lobster rolls, shrimp cocktail, potato chips and lemonade! And yes, I made paper bunting and flags of all sizes to festoon everything in sight!


To view even more of Morayo's party pics, please visit this link.
Decked out in aqua furnishings and pink-striped shades, Sea Rose Cottage provided the perfect backdrop for flowers, tinkering supplies, bunting and sweets all in the same soft palette.

Craft buffet make-and-take project

My "twin" Tracey gasping over one of Nancy's many cool acquisitions in aqua
My home away from home on the Summer Tour!
I adore this book. I really do!
Whether you were at the party or cheering me on from afar, thank you to everyone for the good wishes and support!!!

Nancy and me ... happy and pooped after the party!
Coming up:
Missed the party? Don't be blue. Order your copy, make a pitcher of lemonade, gather some supplies and get tinkering!


xo
elyse

10 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Elyse, I am in love with all your beautiful creations.. I am so sorry I have not been able to visit I have had so many things going on here, my craft / studio has been taken apart for sometime tomorrow we have the carpet installed so after that I'm ready to get everything moved back in. Congratulations on your "Newest" Book so darn cute. You clever one! Big Hugs from California, Diane

Danielle said...

Such a fun day, Elyse, and we're so glad we got to be there to celebrate with you. x

Nancy said...

Elyse, the stars did magically align, didn't they? I am proud and honored to host you and your wonderfully charming and clever creations. You are a constant source of inspiration. Thanks also for signing my shop copies of Seaside Tinkered Treasures so I can keep spreading the magic year round.

Sandi said...

So proud of you girl!! Everything you touch is beautiful!!

Sugar Pink Boutique said...

I agree with Sandi.... everything you touch is beautiful!!! The photos are gorgeous it looks like it was an incredible event!! I couldn't be more proud of my beautiful friend! God bless you, Jennifer xoxo

Sam I Am...... said...

Good luck, as if you need it! I love your "style"! The party looked perfect and so pretty.

Scrap for Joy said...

Everything at the Book Party was a confection, including the author! I'm sure the displays drew people in and the food(!!) sealed the deal! Everything looked great...your support group is wonderful. You have traveled an inspiring trail and I've been in Pennsylvania cheering for you! Can't wait to read about your next adventure!
xoxo
Joyce

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You work your magic, girl! Not only is everything superb, you look darling in your CK dress! Lobster rolls? A class act for a classy gal! Sooooooo happy for you and your accomplishments. Happy dancing here in California for my friend!

Kit said...

Oh what a lovely party! I love how you make even the littlest thing so pretty (like the glue bottles!) Looks like it was a lot of fun! Kit

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Ohhh! Everything is just so so sweet, happy, and fun! Loved the little peeks at your special day! Thanks for sharing!
xo Jenny