Friday, May 30, 2014

busy june


 June is bustin' out all over
All over the meadow and the hill!
Buds're bustin' outa bushes
And the rompin' river pushes
Ev'ry little wheel that wheels beside the mill!

~ June is Bustin' Out All Over, Carousel

These lyrics embedded since fourth grade glee club keep running through my mind as I ramp-up for what is going to be a very busy month ahead. My publisher has arranged for me to give a talk at the Country Living Fair next Saturday! I'm very excited ... and nervous ... and excited! So excited to be featured on the website, too!

Click to enlarge

My presentation is titled Tinkered Treasures: From Blog to Book with Elyse Major, author of Seaside Tinkered Treasures, and will include my tinkering a few projects on stage. As you know, most of my projects are quite small. Perhaps I will shabbify a large trash can! (I kid, I kid). My longtime dear blogging friend Claudia of Mockingbird Hill Cottage is giving away event tickets. Click here for details!


Meanwhile I have been busily assembling a series of events which I'm calling a summer tour. It's all very fun to keep jotting dates on the calendar but then you realize: Eeks! I've got some planning to do here! 

But it's all good because I want my Seaside book to be successful and will help to promote it however I can (because it sure would be nice to do a third book ...).


I did manage to paint the back door and am very happy with the color (Sparkling Brook MSL148). I also wrote up the blinds project as a Make It for Romantic Homes, slated for the September issue.


Best of all, I'm always sending photos of pretty houses to my fairygodmother Fifi O'Neill and last week visited her on four photo shoots of friends' homes that got the green-light.

Me pitching in to block the light
What a thrill to play fairygodmother myself and watch people I adore beam with pride as they witnessed their homes being styled so exquisitely by Fifi and photographed so expertly by Mark Lohman.

Okay, time to work on the book party menu and event talking points and demo ideas. All of the fabulous Seaside Swag is in from my generous sponsors and ready to be packaged! 

If you have any recommendations on projects you think would make good tinkering demonstrations, please suggest in a comment.

Looks like May was bustin' out all over, too!

xo
elyse


5 comments:

Claudia said...

Looking forward to seeing you, Elyse!

xo
Claudia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

You are a busy bee!
And I totally get the fairy godmother feeling...love it!

Claudia said...

Forgot to add - I don't think Fifi likes my house! I've sent her photos in the past (more than a few years ago) and nada. Nothing.

Sob.

That's okay - I'd have to do too much work before it could be photographed anyway!!

xoxo
Claudia

Susie Q said...

Love the idea of a trash can! Son moved out, husband is moving the office into his old room and I get the old office as a pantry (as much as I would love it for me...I need a pantry. And since I need new trash cans to hold dog food and chicken feed...that would serve two purposes.

Unknown said...

hope you will be free soon....