Friday, June 8, 2012

summer treasury



I don't think I've ever gone so long without posting on my blog. Like so many, I've been doing a bit of a juggling act lately -- and it's all good but it's busy. I was about to write an update on the progress of the book (brief details below instead) or how I'm overwhelmed about the school year coming to an end, but then decided to post about some recent "treats" and their accompanying rationales.



This lovely print by Janet Hill. Who can resist an inexpensive post card-sized print on canvas as delectable as this? Not me.



Pretty dress from Garnet Hill. Who can resist something in the color Lilac Dust when a coupon arrives in the mail?


Comfy shoes from Tom's. Who can resist shoes with a built-in rationale: With every pair of shoes purchased, Tom's gives a pair of shoes to a child in need. (And, they were on sale)


Who can resist a simple product that smells so mmmm ... beachy?



Who can resist 2 nested plastic market baskets from Target that make it a cinch to wash and display summer fruit? I LOVE summer fruit! (And of course, my good ol' faux cherry vase fillers from Target for after we've gobbled up all the blueberries and strawberries)



Who can resist anything by the fabulous Fifi? The images in this book are breathtaking. A perfect book for right-now when farmer's markets are bursting with fresh ingredients just waiting to become savory dishes!



My motto (Thank you to Koralee of Bluebird Notes for introducing me to this quote)


BOOK & WRITING UPDATE
Today I sent the final batch of projects to my publisher for styling and photography. Still more writing to do. Also, just wrote articles for Cottages & Bungalows and Romantic Prairie Style to publish in fall!

Okay! Blog post written and now it's time to do some visiting!

xo
elyse

PS
{This post is not a paid endorsement for any products mentioned}

17 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

oooh so much nicies here. Love the pink dress. xx

Diane Mars said...

You are such a busy woman these days, cannot wait to see your latest articles, you are really a great inspiration. Have a great weekend~ Hugs, Diane

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'll be reading your articles in 2 of my favorite magazines! And now I want some of those faux cherries. Too cute!

Claudia said...

Those shoes look awfully comfortable and I am all about comfortable at this point in my life!

xo
Claudia

Anonymous said...

Continuous small treats! Yup, I'll go with that! Love the berry baskets.

Best wishes on all your book doings! ♥

Lorrie said...

Love those market baskets. And congrats on the book progress!

Lucille said...

I'm so looking forward to your book! Those faux cherries look delicious. We're getting a Target in Ottawa next year. I'm looking forward to reading your articles. Take care!

Kit said...

Nice to see ya! I agree this time of year is so busy for a lot of us, so don't worry, come in when you can and we will still be here. :) Kit

Jill said...

I'm a true believer in continuous small treats and I love all the treats you posted here! You are one busy girl these days-- it's so fun to hear about your endeavors!
Hugs,
Jill

Lynn said...

This is my first visit to your blog. This tells me that I must have found something impressive about you on pinterest, because there you were on my blog roll! Love the quote!

Scrap for Joy said...

Love the small treats quote...I agree 100%. I admired Janet Hill for a long time and could nevr make up my mind about a print. Finally bought some cards of hers to frame...last year. I'll get to them soon. She makes the things in her paintings so appealing...love the ones with food. Natch!
Give your fingers a rest and have some fun!
xoxo
joyce

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's difficult to blog and do all the things that are on that "to do" list. I love Janet Hills art, she is truly amazing.

I will look for those magazines to read your articles.

Karen

SLR said...

all of your treats are irresistable! I have one janet hill print, and i just want them all. i've got my eye on a pair of red TOMS too...
i sure do love that "small treats" quote...now that's the way to live! looking forward to reading your articles in C&B and RH and i can't wait to get that hot 'lil book of yours in my hands!!!

Erin said...

All these goodies are the epitome of summer, Elyse! I can't resist Janet Hill's prints either. Looking forward to reading your articles and congratulations on being one step closer to a completed book...another thing I can't wait to get my mitts on. :)

Take care,
Erin
Carolina Country Living

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

i miss you potsie. fonz

Melinda said...

It's always fun to have summer treasures.
We stopped at a little stand and bought some peaches, boy do they smell good!
Enjoy.

Melinda

Jen Kershner said...

What fun is it if we don't treat ourselves now and then? I just added that cookbook to my wishlist. I need a treat too!