Monday, April 16, 2012

spring break



Hello!

It feels strange to be such an "absentee" blogger lately but I have been using every opportunity to work on my book. I'm trying to be very organized, too. Well, pretty organized anyway!



The projects portion is complete! Days spent making glorious messes, listening to music and being nervous; then tidying everything up before the boys storm through the door hungry. The best tinkering days were the ones where projects seemed to take their own detours and turned into things I hadn't planned on. Know what I mean?



The very day I realized that I had depleted much of my treasured supplies, a surprise package arrived at my door step from the amazingly talented Debi! A beautiful egg carton painted, decorated and filled with favorite things like paper roses, mini cupcake liners, and other sweet odds and ends! That Debi is such a good egg. {tee hee}



With the projects behind me, I am currently writing all of the text. Step-by-step instructions, project introductions, etc. I try to start each writing session with a favorite treat for inspiration whether it's baking a batch of muffins the night before to pair with coffee, or sipping pink grapefruit seltzer (so delish!).


I can see by blog thumbnails that I have lots of catching up to do on really fabulous posts. I do try to update my Tinkered Treasures page on Facebook almost daily. It's usually small snippets of things like the image above from my latest magazine purchase. GASP!

The boys have the week off from school so it's time to put on my cruise director's cap and keep us busy and happy. Maybe I can fit in some writing during a couple of cartoons ... or better yet, a cartoon marathon?

Happy April!

xo
elyse

18 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Elyse,

You go girl! Making a book is such an amazing experience. Enjoy it!
Can't to see yours!


Gabriela

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful that you are busy doing something you love to do, Elyse. I am so anxious for you to be published!

Have fun with your littles...they grow up way too fast. xo Diana

Lucille said...

Hi Elyse! Happy to see everything is coming along well with the book. It's quite an undertaking for a young, busy mother. But, then, you guys have so much energy, don't you. I'm looking forward to buying it, that's for sure. So kind of your friend to remember you with such a beautiful and uplifting package. Take care!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

HI Elyse :) :)
The book sounds really exciting. You always create such lovely things...I know this book will be wonderful :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)

Suz said...

Love your Facebook, Elyse, and can't wait to see the book! I think I have been missing some of the good magazines, too. Fun projects on your Facebook.
Hugs,
Suz

Anonymous said...

Elyse you make it sound so fun writing your book with special treats and tinkering time! I know it must be alot of work too - so happy for you and so excited to see it in print!

Have fun on your Spring break!

bee blessed
mary

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear your book is going well hon. Ahhh Country Living magazine - isnt it just bliss? Becks x

SLR said...

what a delightful package! a good egg indeed. was thinking of you today...hoping all was going happily along with the book, and how this must be such an amazing and surreal experience for you. so happy and proud of my big "bobbsy twin" sis!!

luckygirlgifts said...

Hello lovely lady,
I can't wait to see all of the wonderful crafties that you've been working on.
Have a wonderful week with the boys.
xoxo
Cari

Apple Blossom Barn said...

Hi Elyse

It will all be worth all the hard work you are putting in now,
oh Country Living Mag and a muffin what heaven!!!

Have a lovely week
Roll on scooby doo marathon thats when I get lots done!!!!

Best wishes

Denise

Theresa said...

Hi Elyse, it is great to see you! I know you are one BUSY lady:) Enjoy this week with the kiddos! BIG HUGS!

Katy Noelle said...

It sounds like there are just too many happy and fun things to do! What a trouble! =D

I'm so excited about your book - I really am - have been for months, now! =D What a perfect thing for you to be doing - creating some of your own 'official' GOL pages that we can, actually, hold in our hands!

and, speaking of....I drooled over that issue, too! =]

Our vacation is next week but your cartoon marathon brings back wonderful memories of Scooby Doo marathons - laughing hysterically with the boys and Tom, too. Our favorite is Scooby-Doo 'Pirates Ahoy!' Have a fun week!

Such best wishes to you!

Katy xxo

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

So excited to see your book! :-)

Melanie@French Blue and Peachy Pink said...

I just happened across your very cute blog and I am very glad that I did ! Everything is so pretty

Melinda said...

Keep having fun!

Melinda

debi said...

Hope you're enjoying your Spring Break with the boys! And treating yourself to lots of yummy muffins and seltzer.

I'm just so excited about your book, and can't wait to get my hands on it. I know it's going to be a true tinkered treasure!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such a wonderful box of goodies and I am sure you will turn it all into beautiful items. Enjoy the process of your book!! Have a fun spring break!

koralee said...

Happy writing...Your projects are all done! Yahooooo...that went fast! Happy new week to you...can't wait to see your dear book..when will it be out?