Friday, February 12, 2010

sweet swaps of february

I have recently participated in more than a few swaps. Swapping is an enchanting (yes, enchanting) element of the blogging world. Generally a swap begins with a theme or designated project. Time after time it is dazzling to see how each participant wields their creativity. Swaps are filled with limitless generosity and care. To receive a package can be almost overwhelming in the best way. In this post I will attempt to showcase 3 recent swaps comprised of 5 swapping partners.



ALERT: MY LONGEST POST EVER!
To keep the post moving along I will keep my GASPs and SWOONs to myself


Your tour guide

The Petite Inspiration Box Swap Valentine's Edition
Hosted by Heather at Speckled Egg
Project: Decorate a sliding matchbox, fill with "artsy goodies," send to 3 assigned partners
My swap partners: Cerri, Kathy, Rhea
What I sent: Click here

What I received from Cerri









What I received from Kathy









What I received from Rhea









Valentine Mini Swap
Suggested by my two-time swap partner and birthday sharer Debi at Life in My Studio
Note: Visit Debi to enter her fabulous giveaway!
Project: Let's make and send things to each other with a "$10. limit"
Highlights of what I sent to Debi:







What I received from the gifted, generous, and all around magnifique Debi





















Cathy's Amour Valentine Swap
Hosted by Cathy at Treasured Heirlooms
Project: Decorate a heart-shaped box and fill with treasures for 1 assigned partner
My swap partner: Sheila at Faded but Desired Treasures
What I sent: Below and click here for more Flickr photos





What I received from Sheila













List of Amour participants:
Sheila - Faded But Desired Treasures
Melissa - Piney Rose
Janet - Janets Creative Pillows
Debbi - The Wicker Patio
Deborah - Debs Vintage Soul
Trisha - The Brantingham Family
Vera - Olivia Paiges
Gail - The Sassy Beach
Rhea - Sweet n Shabby Roses
Sandy - Hobbnobbers
Sarah - My So Called Junky Life
Eleanor - A Bit of Pink Heaven
Jenny - Fated Follies
Linda - Country Pickins
Joyce - Scrap for Joy
Julie Ann - Kitchen Floor Creations
Stephanie - Rose Petals and Rust
Carol - Songberries
Terri - The Glittered Nest
Lisa - Lisas Craft Boutique
Chastity - One Womens Haven
Cindy - Angel Heart Designs
Tracey - Magical Kardz
Mary - Vintage Patina
Jacalyn - RME Bath Products
Mary Jo - Creative Vintage Cottage
Lisa - Pupylov
Lori - Ruffles Ribbons and Roses
Valarie - Glittery Daze and Nights
Karen - Secondhand Rose
Jayme - Flaming Biscuits On The Farm
Lisa - Pale Pink and Roses
Shannon - Shabby Shans Cottage
Vivian - Vivs Whimsy
Kathy - Lil Bit Old Lil Bit New
Stephanie - Crowns and Pearls
Nancy - Coeur d'Alene Gifts
Karen - My Desert Cottage
Tammy - One Frustrated Momma
Ramona - Samuels Family Frenzy
Cathy - Treasured Heirlooms
Pam - Treasures-N-Textures
Sherry - Sherrys Rose Cottage
Laurie - Mermaid Treasures Art
Sue - Suzeeez
Andrea - Vintage Bella Studio
Hannah - Ashmore Family
Meg - Vintage Garden Home
Nancy - Its Raining Pearls
Josette - My Grammas Soul
Angela - Henny Penny and Chickies
Melissa - Abigails Pocatello
Cassandra - My Artful Adventures
Renee - Vintage Recreations
Lorena - Rose Chic Friends
Amy - Paper Trails Leaver
Stevie - My Art Canvas
Jennifer - Jennifers Petal Palace
Shirl - Shirls Rose Cottage
Lulu - Coastal Sisters News
Jill - Jill Sibbald
Crystal - The Hummingbird Cottage
Hayley - Nesting Notions
Nicole - Gibbys Girl
Bryanna -The Canarys Cupcake


~ The biggest thank yous to the tireless swap organizers
~ The most heartfelt thank yous to all of my inspiring partners for spoiling me rotten with the most amazing finds and artwork
~ Thank you for hanging on throughout this very long post!

Warmest wishes for a Happy Valentine's Day from my cottage to yours!

xo
elyse

ps
I may actually take a little swap break ... for now!

48 comments:

Rustique Gallery said...

Ooh, this looks like such fun! You really scored, and it looks like everyone knows you! Lovely...Sherry

Natasha Burns said...

Gasping and shrieking over here! just wonderful... what an amazing array of lovely swappy goodness~!!

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

Thanks for sharing your swaps - they're all wonderful. I especially like the glitter and mica because the little jars are so cute! Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Did you happen to hear me gasping?? Wow! Those are such delicious swaps!
Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping!

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Elyse...such gorgeous treasures!!!! I know you must have all loved the swaps ~ and all of your tastes are spot on!!!!! I just love it all sweet friend....hugs and love, Dawn

GardenofDaisies said...

What wonderful and sweet tiny treasures! The swaps look like fun.

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Wow,Wow,Wow....Gasp, swoon, Delicious! You scored Baby! It is ALL so beautiful.

stefanie said...

oh, goodness, I think you are going to need a bigger room for all your gorgeous treasures!!!! I bet they make you soooooo happy!!! Have a wonderful Valentines Day!!!

Lisa said...

Well! You gave as good as you got! How exciting! I did one and feel I didn't do as well as I could, but it was fun! Your goodies are wonderful. I know you have enjoyed swapping!!
Hugs, Lisa

debi said...

Dang, girl!! You've gotten some REALLY fun, pretty stuff! I want that amazing bottle holder you got from Sheila...I LOVE that!
And...I'm totally wanting to do a matchbox swap now, after seeing those pretty boxes filled with goodies! (so...holler when you're rested up) hehe!

T's Daily Treasures said...

wow! Everyone certainly sent things your way that match you so well. Everything is absolute perfection. So much fun! I would think going through all the lovelies every day would bring new surprises to find. There's just so much there to enjoy. Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Tammy

All things nice... said...

Wow what pretty wee treasures you swapped, they are all so precious looking and creative too :)


All things nice...

North West London Girl said...

How completely beautiful. I do wish I was capable of making things, I have vision but no skill xx

Theresa said...

Elyse, you NEED to take a little swap break. That looks like so much fun BUT work too:) Love it all! I am not even going to try to pick a favorite because I "want it all"! Hugs to you dear friend and loved all of this pretty pink in your post!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Swoon and gasp! My sincere thanks to your sweet little tour guide! ♥

Tami said...

Eylse..you did some major swapping!! wow..everything is just beautiful.
Enjoy your weekend..Happy Valentine's Day..thanks for the visit..hugs...Tami

Scrap for Joy said...

I don't know if you need a nap Elyse but I sure do after being overwhelmed with all of the beautiful swap pictures! You received some beautiful things and returned that 100 fold! Loved all the pinkness! Thanks for sharing!
Joyce

Claudia said...

Oh boy! What a feast for the eyes! I have to go back and look at everything again - such creativity and generosity there is in blogland.
Congratulations!

xo
Claudia

Zuzu said...

Someone drag out the fainting couch - I'm swooning completely out of control! :)

Honestly, I haven't seen this much eye-candy in one post EVER before. All of it is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Wishing you and yours a wonderfully Happy Valentine's Day!
:)
Zuzu

Sarah Sarniak said...

So pretty! Everything is so delicate and pretty, beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

LiLi M. said...

What fun swaps! I love these kind of very long posts!

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Elyse, I need help! I can't breath because I have been gasping...need air...Okay I settled down some and starting to breath. I almost passed out! Please give better warnings before reading!

What darling swaps you were part of! Look at all those sweet tresures you have gathered! I want to see where you will keep them! Just precious! And those on the receiving line and truely blessed also. You always put such thought into the loving tiny boxes you make! You take the best photos, so clear, crisp and colorful!

Happy Valentines Day Sweetheart!

Thinking of you!

Love,
Maryjane
xox

Terri said...

Oh my goodness...those pics were so wonderful to look at! What wonderful gifts and all so pink! I hope you have a wonderful valentines day! Terri

Cassandra said...

WOW how overwhelming! All the goodies are just to die for beautiful! So much eye candy! :) Thanks for sharing :)

vintage frenchhen said...

Gasp and swoon!!! Be still my heart!
marcia

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I think I have been to your blog before, I remember the darling blog design you have! I'm glad I found you again! There's so much eye candy here! ~Cindy

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Oh Elyse I can imagine all the fun you had opening all the fun packages and then finding places for all you new found treasures!!!

Love the little bottle carousel -such a neat idea!!

STill tearing wallpaper down over here!

blessings
mary

kana said...

So many pretty things to gaze upon...lucky you! Happy Valentine's day.

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Woweee!!! What gorgeous goodies!! Lucky girl!! What a fun swap!!
Michelle

Cottage Flair said...

I so want to be you right now with all of those amazing gifts!! Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing all of your goodies.
Jennifer

LaurieStar said...

Oh my goodness! Such amazing pink and blue swap goodies! Love it! I love that white birdie and the bottles with cute things inside. You scored big! :)

Sheila said...

Elyse, thank you too for the great treasures. I will enjoy them and have already enjoyed some of them. I wish i could take good photos like you did to show off our goodies. YOur photos and everyone elses just make the gifts pop with pretty.. MIne not so much.. But Happy Valentines day.. Sheila

koralee said...

Wow......everything is amazing lovely...what teasures and what fun!!!! Sending you some extra love today sweet friend.

Cathy said...

Wow Elyse,

You received some really beautiful, glittery goods. Unbelievable swapping goodness!

Thank you so much for making my first swap so much fun. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Happy Valentine's Day my friend,

xo Cathy

maryboys said...

this post was simply a delight...long posts are wonderful when they are full of beautiful photos:) i enjoyed taking part in both heather and cathy's swaps, too...

mary

Vera said...

What beautiful things! I can understand wanting to take a break from swaps! They are a little time consuming... but 3 at a time! I admire your stamina!

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Vera
Olivia Paige

Vicki said...

Hello, Elyse,
I am gasping and swooning along with you! You have given and received so many wonderful treasures! Congratulations and I hope you have had a lovely Valentine's Day, sweet friend! Vicki

Shabby Shan said...

Oh my goodness! I love all of the pretty goodies you received! Thank you for sharing!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

{oops, my bad...}


Elyse, you really have a bad case of swap fever...LOL...aren't you lucky that it is so...just look at all the wonderful goodies that you have received...so many fun and pretty new things to play with...we are all gasping and swooning right along with you...everything looks so delicious!!!

Beach Vintage said...

Oh my goodness, how ever can you stop smiling.

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Ekyse!

So many pretty things and great ideas!

Thanks for sharing them!

love, kelee

Shirl said...

Hello, so nice to meet you! Happy Valentines Day! Wow your gifts that you received are just beautiful! I love seeing the different ways all the heart boxes have been decorated! Enjoy your day of visiting Valentine Amour Swaps, this was so much fun! A big thank you to our sweet hostess Cathy!
Have a Happy Valentines Day.
Blessings to you! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Bumpkin Bears said...

oh my goodness me, these are all SO beautiful, the colours make my heart melt! What wonderful treats to receive. Hugs, catherine x

Welcome said...

Wow, such a bunch of lovely stuff! Great post!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that heart box with the rhinestons bling.

Karen Valentine said...

Oh my goodness!!! It's a plethora of Valentine goodness!!!! Did you have a good time or what??? I did Cathy's Amour box swap and it was so much fun! Have a super day sweetie!!

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Bethany said...

Holy treasures Batman! It all looks so pretty and soft and pink. I am going to send you some rusty, metal brown things to balance you a bit. Really though, suchdelights. I LOVE the altered spice rack!